Sunday, April 19, 2015

David Lessing



“For heights and depths no words can reach, music is the soul’s own speech.”  That’s the simple, yet foreshadowing quote that hung on the wall of the Midwestern farm house of my piano teacher when I was seven years old.

Throughout my life, music has been able to speak when words have failed.  I continued to study piano and voice and began composing when I was nine years old.  Rooted in my faith, I continued to push forward my ability and further develop my songwriting. At age seventeen, I released my first album of all original compositions. Through playing with various bands, recording numerous albums, and touring the nation, I’ve had the privilege of sharing the stage with such acts as:  Mercy Me, Remedy Drive, Disciple,Thousand Foot Krutch, Manic Drive, Ashes Remain, Seabird, Carrollton, Kari Jobe and countless others.

For the last five years I’ve had the incredible opportunity to be a member of multi-platinum selling band and Sony/Provident group ‘Blessid Union of Souls.’  Through extensive touring I’ve been able to play music on every inhabitable continent, except Australia.  I’m amazed at the lasting relationships and bonds that music has created, all across our world.  I’m touched to know that even in places where a language barrier exists, that songs with a message of love endure and reach far beyond what we could imagine.

My instrumental and/or vocal abilities have now been featured on over forty different recording projects, ranging many different styles and genres. My latest project ‘The Restoration Project I’ was released in January of 2015 with ‘Love Is Here’ being co-produced by platinum artist Eliot Sloan.  My hope is that through my own personal experiences, trials and triumphs, that a feeling of love and hope can always be felt… that the songs of my heart can reach the heights and depths of yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment